STL Ocarina offers online Ocarina lessons over the Internet. This allows an Ocarina student to have one-on-one private lessons with an instructor. These lessons are offered under the following rules, terms and conditions.
1. The school: The provider of online lessons is St. Louis School of Music LLC d/b/a STL Ocarina (“STL Ocarina “).
2. Computer Requirements: All students must have a computer, monitor, speakers, microphone and webcam. The computer must have either Windows or Macintosh operating system. The Internet connection must be high speed such as DSL, cable or faster.
3. Cost: Lessons are $25 per 30 minutes or $50 an hour. Tuition must be paid in advance. If a student misses a lesson all prepaid amounts are forfeited. (There are no make-up lessons).
4. Lessons: All lessons will begin at a predetermined date and time. The student is responsible for having computer equipment sufficient for the instruction (see above regarding computer requirements).
5. Right to Terminate Lessons: STL Ocarina reserves the right to terminate any lesson if the student exhibits any inappropriate behavior. This determination as to inappropriate behavior shall be solely made by STL Ocarina in its complete discretion. If a lesson is terminated a refund of one-half of the cost of the lesson will be given if less than one-half of the scheduled lesson time has elapsed. If more than one-half of the scheduled lesson time has elapsed there is no refund. STL Ocarina retains the right, at its sole discretion, to deny access to anyone for online lessons, at any time for any reason, including, but not limited to, exhibiting inappropriate behavior and/or for any violation of the rules, terms and conditions herein.
6. Recording and Use of Lesson: The student may record the lesson for future use solely by the student for his/her personal use. Copying, reproduction or transmission of the lesson for anyone other than the student is strictly prohibited. The lesson may not be posted, broadcasted, transmitted or displayed on any social networking sites, video sharing sites or file sharing networks. Student may not use any online lesson for commercial purposes. By participating in online lessons student agrees that he/she will not alter, edit, delete, remove or otherwise change any of the lesson without the express written consent of STL Ocarina.
7. Language of Lesson: All lessons will be conducted entirely in the English language. Students should be fluent in English for maximum benefit of the lesson.
8. Age of Students: On-line lessons are offered to students of all ages. If the student is under the age of 18 years the consent of a parent or legal guardian is required.
9. Limitation of Liability: In no event shall STL Ocarina and/or its instructors be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of, or in any way connected with, the lesson provided to the student or use of this lesson and this website based on any legal theory. If despite the limitation above, STL Ocarina or its instructors are found liable for any loss or damage which arises out of or in any way connected with an online lesson, then the liabilities of STL Ocarina and/or its instructors will in no event exceed the tuition amount for the student’s lesson.
10. Applicable Law: The agreement between STL Ocarina and Student shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri without regard to conflict of law’s provisions. Student and STL Ocarina agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes hereunder and venue in an appropriate State or Federal Court located in the State of Missouri.
11. Acceptance of Rules, Terms and Conditions: Students participation in online lessons constitutes his/her acceptance, without modifications, of all the rules, terms and conditions set forth herein. By accessing or using this website in any manner, student agrees to be bound by these rules, terms and conditions. STL Ocarina reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change or modify the rules, terms and conditions relating to online lessons without prior notice. Student’s continued access and/or use of this website signifies his/her acceptance of the updated and/or modified rules, terms and conditions.